What Laws and Regulations Should I Be Aware of When Using a Wildlife Removal Service?

When it comes to wildlife removal, there are certain laws and regulations that you need to be aware of. Depending on the state you live in, you may need to obtain a permit or special license before you can remove or dispatch protected animals such as skunks, raccoons, squirrels, and even snakes from your property. To do this, you must first apply for an annoying wildlife control permit from the state Department of Natural Resources. The application process varies slightly between states, but generally involves passing an exam, filling out an application for a nuisance wildlife control permit and paying the designated application fee. On average, permits must be renewed annually.

The exam is open book and consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. It can be done at the local County Extension Office and if approved with 80% or more, it is valid for 5 years.

Nuisance Wildlife Damage Control

is a program managed by the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks. To remove any other type of bird, a special permit must be obtained from the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked *